Problem: Outdated layout, displayed fields irrelevant to certain Users, unable to move around to different sections of the form and the forms timed-out. Conducted over 15 User interviews to understand how the Users wanted to complete their tasks.
Solution: Total of 10 forms were deconstructed and reorganized for a better experience. Created a wizard to guide new or unfamiliar users to the correct form. Users now have to authenticate them selves to submit forms. This was done to streamline submissions and the review process.
Documents to Library
Problem: This heavily used section of the PJM Website was very difficult to navigate. Most Users relied on bookmarks to find information or Google search. After performing over 20 User interviews with different audiences of PJM.com, we analyzed the data to figure out a way to enhance the section. This project took over a year and a half from the initial interview to go live.
Solution: This sections driving idea was to create a User specific view of the documents posted here. By adding favoriting and email alerts we started to introduced User specific views to PJM.com. We removed the heavy text content that took away from the experience and replaced it with a dashboard. This dashboard displays the 6 most viewed sections of the library. 3 of the sections have quick links to the most referenced documents on those pages. While the other 3 are constantly updated with new content as it is posted to the site. This section held 31 pages originally, the User would have to dig through a lot to find what they were looking for. After the redesign it was reduced to 14. We achieved this huge reduction by combining information into one or two well organized pages and removing old outdated information that had been forgotten.
Problem: Users were not able to use PJM's glossary page while on a tablet or phone. We needed to update the layout and how Users searched for terms
Solution: Created a side Alphabet navigation similar to most phone contact navigation. Added a sticky header so the search bar would never get lost.
Problem: There was a strong desire to make the PJM Post email mobile friendly. Content was not organized in any particular order, upcoming events and reminders for those events were mixed in with heavy content.
Solution: Made it mobile friendly by creating headlines/ Upcoming events section at the top of the email for Users to easily scan for topics that interested them.